When in Bologna, take advantage of the region and venture to the vineyards for a private wine tasting. Along with the surrounding art, wine, and culinary tradition of Bologna, Emilia Romagna is recognized as one of the world’s best regions for food, leading with Parmigiano Reggiano, tortellini, and prosciutto di Parma.
The Sangiovese vines are of the most cultivated and venerated of Italy, and represent most notably the Romagna and Tuscan regions. Its wines, are distinctly slowly matured to reach perfect equilibrium in delicate and fragile floral tones. A potential harnessed in the local tradition, “Umberto Cesari” has been dedicated to a great production from these vines for over 50 years.
To have a glimpse of the regional wine production, we advise to book a private tour and tasting at the beautiful Umberto Cesari headquarter. Set in a magnificent scenery atop the hills, you will be guided by wine experts through the vineyards and experience the taste of their select wines paired ideally with regional products.
On offer are the select choices as detailed below:
WINE & SURROUNDINGS – a guided tasting of 3 wines
▪ Pignoletto DOC Frizzante matched with croutons with mortadella Favolosa Palmieri®, sliced thin and served with classic white bread
▪ Ca’ Grande Sangiovese di Romagna DOC Superiore matched with two types of Salame di Felino and streghette (typical crispy bread)
▪ Sangiovese di Romagna DOC Riserva matched with salted ricotta with drops of balsamic vinegar
THE PLEASURES OF THE PALATE – a guided tasting of 4 classic wines
▪ MOMA Bianco paired with a young cheese (i.e Caciotta) and a mortadella mousse served on a white celery stalk
▪ MOMA Rosso Sangiovese Merlot Cab. Sauvignon IGT matched with two types of Salame di Felino and streghette (typical crispy bread)
▪ Laurento Sangiovese di Romagna DOC Riserva matched with a warm potato and cheese flan
▪ Yemula Sangiovese Merlot Rubicone IGT matched with Parmigiano Reggiano in two different seasoning gradations
THE CRUS – a guided tasting of their most prestigious wines
▪ Liano Chardonnay Sauv. Blanc IGT matched with scquacquerone (typical fresh cheese) with caramelized figs, Parma ham and raw seasonal vegetables, served with warm piadina (typical flat bread)
▪ Liano Sangiovese Cabernet Sauv. IGT matched with a warm potato and cheese flan
▪ Tauleto Sangiovese Rubicone IGT matched with Parmigiano Reggiano in two different seasoning and dark chocolate
▪ Colle del Re Albana di Romagna DOCG Passito matched with Pecorino di Fossa from Sogliano sul Rubicone
Contact our customer care team any time to assist you in planning your trip, events, transfers.
If you are already near the area, you may also reserve your taste tour by contacting: [email protected]
Address: Via Stanzano 2160 Castel San Pietro Terme 40024 (BO)